Monday 18 April 2011

Capri Bar & Eatery, Wellington

If you ever find yourself in Wellington, it would be worth taking an hour or so out of your day for a fortifying glass of bubbles and for that Capri will more than suffice.


Apart from my recent success with the bubbles (Bird in Hand & Veuve Clicquot) I'm a fan of the decor which is well styled without being too try-hard, the music, which at one point was straight out of Steve Wright's Sunday love songs and the well thought out wine and spirit selection.


It appeals to the Stepford Wife in me, all white tables and chairs, pretty dresses and champagne but luckily without the mind-controlled robots and Bette Midler. I'm not going to be in Wellington for a long time but I'm happy to know that I can definitely be here for a good time. So ladies, curl your hair and slick on the lipstick, gentlemen polish those shoes and put on a clean shirt there's some stylish drinking to be done.

Capri Bar & Eatery www.capribar.co.nz
146 Featherstone Street, Wellington +64 4472 2613

No comments:

Post a Comment