Friday 8 April 2011

No:27 Trillians 2007, Paulett Wines

As regular readers of my sparkling wine shenanigans will know I am currently in the midst of a love-in with sparkling riesling. Luckily for me this also coincides with the 100 Aussie sparklers that I am currently gleefully wading through. 

Number 27 is Trillians a sparkling riesling from Paulett Wines.  I tasted it on what has turned out to be one of the last hot days of summer. We had the barbecue fired up and even the small one had her own little burger so she could join the party before her folks went out. So with the child in bed, the parents dispatched to their date night I sat back with what was left of the Trillians.

I stand by my current love-in of sparkling Riesling, this was a real treat. Four years old and made in the charmat method with fruit sourced from the Polish Hill River area in the Clare Valley this is a ripe and juicy treat. Trillians is the name of the hill where the winery sits.

On the nose apples, pears, limes and orange blossom abound to be mixed with honey, papaya, apricot and guava on the palate all wrapped up with a fine yeastiness. With a rich and creamy mouth feel this had a hint of residual sugar that made the wine ripe and fruity in the mouth rather than sweet. It went really well with the home made burgers loaded with beetroot and cheese but also hit the spot on its own as I relaxed once everyone had gone.

Another triumph for the sparkling Riesling, hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment