Sunday 5 June 2011

Bubbleduck 2008, Puddleduck



Being the lucky kind of girl that I am, for my birthday this year I got what I wanted. It was quite simple really, I just wanted to spend my birthday back in Tasmania and have some delicious local bubbles and that is exactly what I got!

Bubbleduck is made by Puddleduck Vineyard in Richmond, southern Tasmania and is a blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with the Pinot being more dominant. Made traditionally the nose is a really inviting blend of yeast, baked apple, honey, orange peel and stone fruits.



As my birthday is now an Autumn/winter experience the weightier autolytic flavours, bready and yeasty are perfect for this time of year and the wine is freshened up with apples, honey and crisp lemon flavours. 

Although still youthful the Bubbleduck is drinking beautifully and a big thank you to Jason and the Josef Chromy folks for treating me on my birthday. I would be very keen to see how this develops over the coming years but until then Puddleduck joins the ranks of cracking Tassie sparklers.

Josef Chromy, Relbia not a bad place for a glass of bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment