Monday 20 June 2011

No.2:Josef Chromy NV

This review must come with a disclaimer. I work here but then again I only work in good places so you'll have to decide for yourself what level of bias I am possibly at!

Josef Chromy is located in the southern part of the Tamar Valley wine route in the little village of Relbia. Josef has been a part of the history of many local wineries including Tamar Ridge but it is here that Josef Chromy wines reside with Jeremy Dineen at the helm.
All the sparkling wines are made traditionally and disgorged on site at our fancy winery across the lake from the cellar door. See below for aforementioned lake and winery peeking around the corner.

I give people the NV to try every day so being the consummate professional that I am I try it frequently to make sure it's at its finest. A citrussy nose with hints of white flowers amongst the fresh lemon and green apple it follows through on the palate to create a racy, clean and crisp sparkling wine.

A good palate cleanser, the fresh vibrancy of the wine is an ideal match for our oysters or a cheeky livener pre-dinner to awaken the palate. The Josesf Chromy NV has a youthfulness about it without tasting under ripe or too green and I would recommend it as a drinker more than a keeper as its sprightly nature is its selling point.

Biased or not? Why don't you pop down and see me at the Cellar door and decide for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment