Wednesday 25 May 2011

Rosemount Ruby 'O' 2009

So fashion and sparkling wine...... Many years ago when God was a boy and dinosaurs roamed the earth I modelled some clothes from the local designer store and was given a comfortable amount of Moet Rose for my trouble (and a faaancy black dress).

When I was told there was to be a lingerie fashion show with drinks I had high hopes. Sadly this didn't go quite so well on either front. I was hoping for the sort of lingerie a Bond girl would wear or something that Scarlett Johansson would wear in those Dom Perignon adverts and the bubbles to match.


The lingerie wouldn't have covered a mouse and the wine also did not elicit excitment nor luxury. They are indeed high-ball glasses with ice which contains the Ruby O in the picture above. Made from non-specific varietals in the year 2009 the Rosemount Ruby O is a spectacularly non-descript wine.

Pale salmon pink with medium sized bubbles and aromas of cherry and redcurrant. On the palate wild strawberries and candy floss get in the mix to create a ripe and fruity wine. I don't really have much more to say about this to be honest. There's nothing wrong with it, not chock full of sugar or anything like that but it's just....fine, which I appreciate is up there on the insult scale of calling something nice but it is just fine.

I'm sure this is the sort of wine that would go down a storm on Ladies Day at the races and hen nights but the highlight of the evening of me was the cake, chocolate dream from Floriditas. If you're ever in Wellington, pop down to Floridita's for a Jansz rose and cake and pick your own undies! A far superior combo and more fun without a shadow of a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment