Sunday 15 May 2011

Pol Roger Rose 2002

To poorly mis-quote from one of my favourite films, Serendipity "The Ancient Greeks did not write obituaries, they simply asked 'Did he have passion?" So, as expected, the sad news of a loved one passing brings questions of how to live ones life and whether one will be happy with the view when one looks back over the years.

I am a big fan of Pol Roger personally as was former Prime Minister Winston Churchill the former inhabitant of No.10 Downing Street where my grandmother worked in the 60's. So when the chance appeared for some Pol Roger 2002 rose, I felt it would be a fitting toast to a woman who lived a long and varied life.



Medium salmon-pink in appearance with tiny, fast moving bubbles forming fine beading on the rim. Crisp red fruits and savoury notes combine on the nose with hints of cocoa and quince. These flavours continue onto the palate where hints of vanilla, Iberico ham, crunchy red apples and citrus. 

This wine is still in its infancy with many years ahead of it but it was delicious despite its youth. So after much pondering I figure one should drink the good bottles not look at them, buy the nice biscuits, kiss the wrong boys and take that trip. 

Life is for living and I want to look back at my life having drunk some incredible wines not just read about them. I want to see the world and all it offers and when I'm sat with my grandchildren in my 90's I'll have stories to tell about the life that I lived. Thank you Granny.
Joyce Haslam-Stuart


No comments:

Post a Comment