Wednesday 16 February 2011

No.7: Domaine Chandon NV, Yarra Valley

I love LVMH as a luxury company because their wine goodies are just so deliciously desirable, I mean who wouldn't want a pure white kettle barbecue? Or the lovely deck chair to sit in whilst you're watching your dinner cook?


All the extras are so appealing as they are incredibly good quality. I still love my Moet & Hennessy bag that I was given after doing a bit of modelling for the launch of Moet Rose in the members bar I was working in over 10 years ago. It has been around the world with me and it doesn't look a day older, just like me! (I have a painting in the attic, everything is fine....)

Domaine Chandon is better known to its English drinkers as Green Point, the name of the location of Domaine Chandon in the Yarra Valley.  The thing with LVMH is the fabulous extra-curricular shop items are not a smoke and mirror diversion to the wines. There are many Domaine Chandon wines in the list and it makes sense to start at the beginning with the NV.

Ripeness is the key word for Domaine Chandon NV, fresh ripe pineapple, nectarine, apples, quince and lemons with hints of nougat and breadiness on the palate. The wine is clean, fresh and fruity which makes it ideal for shenanigans. Whether it's a birthday a wedding or a general get together this wine is a perfect choice for something you could happily drink a few glasses of on its own but without having to compromise on quality.

That said I'm not sure you can do better than a few glasses at Domaine Chandon on the patio overlooking the vineyard. You can, once fortified with good bubbles, raid the shop and not wince at the bill so you can fill your boot with a happy mix of wine and grown ups toys before someone chauffeurs you back home. Now that sounds like a plan....

No comments:

Post a Comment