Monday 14 March 2011

Toys for champagne lovers

I love branded stuff. All you marketing and PR people, thank you for your hard work, I appreciate all your random goodies. As many of you know from my visit to Domaine Chandon in the Yarra Valley I was in awe of the 'stuff' you can buy.

After a trip up to Martinborough I popped into Glengarry wine shop and found an absolute gem,
who wouldn't need a Veuve Clicquot petanque set? Now I really want this, I've not played petanque for years but I can guarantee that after a few glasses of champagne it would seem like a genius idea. They also had a Piper Heidsieck flight case gift set thing which doesn't have the same appeal as it's not as useful which is the crux of the matter for me.

Imagine if you will being sat in 

whilst cooking on this.  
That game of petanque seems pretty apropriate doesn't it? My haul of branded champagne goods is only in its infancy but I do use a lot of them regularly. My Moet & Henessey weekend bag has been around the globe with me. I use my Pol Roger pen

to write my wine notes. My Grande Dame luggage label is affixed to my cabin bag and the Moet & Chandon mirror gets used daily as I attempt to apply my make up. I think these are my equivalent of designer shades, which I'm not allowed as I break sunnies regularly. Nor Louboutin shoes as I go through shoes at a rate of knots (much, much dancing) so I am enjoying all my nice things via my champagne love. If anyone has any recommendations of goods to add to my collection I will be very appreciative. We could share a glass of bubbles as a thank you. 

In the Veuve glasses obviously...



No comments:

Post a Comment