Thursday 19 August 2010

Brothers from another mother

Well my trip to Tassie has got a little more exciting. By the time I make it to Launceston, Tamar Ridge Estates, which includes the magnificent Pirie, will be part of the Brown Brothers family. 

I have a particular fondness for the wines of Brown Brothers; I love their secondary mini winery at Milawa for their experimental varieties and their excellent and unusual range. I was fortunate enough to visit the folks in Milawa back in 2008 on my Vintners Bursary trip and had a more than thorough tasting of their range and was massively impressed with the Sangiovese that had been tucked away and allowed to mellow and settle itself to become a beautiful savoury beast that showed real elegance and class.

 It will be really interesting to see what they do in Tasmania, Ross Brown, as quoted in The Shout, had this to say... “This is a very sound business that ticks all our strategic objectives for growth in pinot and sparkling, and at the same time reduces the risk of drought and associated high temperatures and scarcity of water,".

 For us sparkling fans it could be very interesting to see how they help to shape the endless joy that is Tassie sparkling wine and I am very lucky that I shall be on that magical isle in the infancy of this new era.

 If you're not sure where my obsession with Tassie fizz comes from, check out these links...you're welcome!

http://www.brownbrothers.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment