Monday 31 January 2011

Kim Crawford First Pick Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc

Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc just sounds wrong doesn't it? I think I was sub-consciously aware of this when I picked Kim Crawford First Pick Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc.






I like Kim Crawford wines, a lot. As this is the first NZ sparkling Sauvignon Blanc that I've tried then I am not sure if this is a good or bad example of the type. The nose is exactly as you would imagine from a Kiwi Sauv. Blanc; bags of tropical fruit, green capsicum, lychee and fresh lime.

On the palate the flavours follow through with a slightly bitter edge. The bubbles are medium sized with a fairly creamy mousse giving it a pleasant mouthfeel. It is pleasant enough for a cheeky glass in the sunshine or if someone handed me a glass at a party but as a style I am not yet convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment